Video Workshop_10: The Spine & its Importance in Yoga (2hr 0mins)
Yoga Video Workshop: The Spine & its Importance in Yoga (2hr 0mins)
At the earliest stage of our development, the spine is one of the first structures to form. It comes into being to house and protect our nervous system and, as we grow, our bodies organise around it. In this context our spine develops to be at the heart of everything we do, both physically and psychologically.
Throughout life, it is central to our ability to move and enjoy that movement and yoga provides us with exciting possibilities to play with that potential.
During this video workshop, we’ll:
- Understand the structure and function of our spine
- Consider the spine as the central powerhouse of the physical body
- Develop an appreciation of the spine’s role as housing of the central nervous system, structural support and sensory receptor
- Investigate how all movement begins within the spine
- The intimate relationship between our spine and everything we do in daily life and our yoga practice
Delivered in a practical, accessible style, this workshop is not to be missed.
Suitable for anyone who feels there’s more to yoga than shapes and postures. If you’d like to explore what we’re really doing in asana experience yoga practice in more depth, this is for you.
This video workshop is designed as part of the Beyond Asana Course, comprising a series of workshops.
The Beyond Asana series
- Feb 11 : Movement Fundamentals …. (buy the video)
- Mar 4 : The Spine and its Importance in Yoga …. (buy the video)
- Apr 15 : Shoulders and Upper Back …. (buy the video)
- May 13 : Legs and their Connection to our Sense of Self …. (buy the video)
- Jun 3 : Self Care and Craniosacral Therapy …. (buy the video)
As soon as we receive your payment confirmation, our admin will email you a link to the video (mp4 format) where you can play or download your own copy.