Video Workshop 9: Fundamental Movement Patterns (2hr 0mins)
Yoga Video Workshop: Fundamental Movement Patterns (2hr 0mins)
If we like yoga, we tend to do it a lot. And in these circumstances it makes sense to really understand what we’re doing and why. How do our movements reflect normal, everyday functional movement patterns? What are the fundamental building blocks of movement and how do we learn to make them as infants? How do the patterns we create in very early life affect the way we move as children, adults and on into old age?
During this video workshop, we’ll:
- identify the 6 fundamental movement patterns
- discuss what we mean by “functional movement”
- investigate how we can adapt our approach to yoga postures to become more compatible with healthy, functional movement
- investigate how habitual movement patterns and postures may have affected our ability to move and feel these fundamental patterns
- examine how yoga helps us explore fundamental patterns
- discover how to let go of unhelpful movements and move with more ease and fluidity
Delivered in a practical, accessible style, this workshop is not to be missed.
Suitable for anyone who feels there’s more to yoga than shapes and postures. If you’d like to explore what we’re really doing in asana experience yoga practice in more depth, this is for you.
This workshop is designed as part of the Beyond Asana Course, comprising a series of workshops.
The Beyond Asana series
- Feb 11 : Movement Fundamentals …. (buy the video)
- Mar 4 : The Spine and its Importance in Yoga …. (buy the video)
- Apr 15 : Shoulders and Upper Back …. (buy the video)
- May 13 : Legs and their Connection to our Sense of Self …. (buy the video)
- Jun 3 : Self Care and Craniosacral Therapy …. (buy the video)
Delivered in a practical, accessible style, these workshops are not to be missed.
As soon as we receive your payment confirmation, our admin will email you a link to the video (mp4 format) where you can play or download your own copy.